Wednesday, August 18, 2010

low-tech kitchen gadgets

This morning Prudent Baby put up a post about her favorite low tech kitchen gadgets and I loved it!  I immediately picked up my camera and (after some quick organizing) took a picture of my personal favorites!
My Top 4 Low-Tech Kitchen Gadgets!
technically, there are 7 low-tech's here, but since 3 of them are the same, I will say we have 4 faves here!

1) utensil canister - I keep these just to the right of my stove.  They hold my heat-proof spatulas, wooden spoons, and other things I regularly use like my ladle, and tongs.
2) my butter dish - we had a nice white ceramic butter dish since we were married, but recently it cracked.  I took the opportunity to get this lovely new yellow one from anthropologie.  Why do I love a butter dish? It lets me keep a small amount of butter covered, but out on the counter at all times, soft & ready to spread.
3) olive oil jar - we use olive oil for all of our cooking, and keeping it accessible and with a pour spout is really handy for the everyday.
4) salt pinch pot - my sister made this pot for me in her High School pottery class.  I love it for the certianty it gives in adding salt to a dish.  it's easy to use a measuring spoon for a recipe, and I believe I use a lot less in my cooking because I can see what I'm pouring in. 

Just looking at this picture makes me happy.  Low tech or not, these are my favorite kitchen aids.  What are yours, dear friends??

1 comment:

  1. My silicone (sp?) pastry brush! I use it to brush sauce on my chicken and other meats before putting them in the oven. I think I got it at Fred Meyer, and it was cheaper than the horse hair ones, and in my opinion it works better, too!

    ReplyDelete